Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Goin' To California...





At this very moment I am in a hotel room at the Crown Motel, literally feet from the sandy beach of the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. It's been a busy few days; I'm out here for Liberty Mountain doing Pieps Avalanche Beacon clinics for the ski patrol, search and rescue, and outdoor shop employees of the area. I've visited many shops, met a ton of people, travelled from Reno to Truckee to Kings Beach and back. Visiting shops all along the way and promoting beacon use and general avalanche safety. 

During the slow times in between shop visits and clinics, Brian (my coworker) and I were able to get a few pictures at Donner Lake (no cannibals in sight), and Lake Tahoe. Donner memorial was particularly cool because it was built to the height of the snowpack level when the Donner party had their mishap here. The weather has been sunny and gorgeous...I have jogged a few nights on the beach, the moon reflecting off of the water and the sunsets have been amazing. It is incredibly peaceful and relaxing here...enjoy the pictures. 

8 comments:

Dubsoldier said...

During the old slow times eh?
haha
looks like you guys are having a blast out there!!
I heard you set up a few new shops even. That's way dope!
Safe returns!

Natasha said...

What a beautiful sight, it is gorgeous!It would be amazing to jog here - Sounds very relaxing. BTW, Lovin' the Denim and Black tee ;)!
Glad you had a fun trip!

Ames said...

There's just something perfect about waking and sleeping near the water! I think it's so relaxing and peaceful because our biological rhythms begin to sync with the tides, sunrises and sunsets. We become restored, grounded again and aren't so easily affected by all the daily things that tug at our emotions and consume our time. It's rejuvenating!

I just got home last night but this morning I can still feel the waves.

I woke at 5am and checked out my door to see if the sky was a palette of pinks and yellows in creation of the sunrise. I was met with a cool breeze instead...refreshing in it's own way! I crawled back into my warm bed. Home is good too. ;)

Lake Tahoe is a beautiful place no matter the season! It is awesome you were able to have a little pleasure while you were out promoting business!

...were you talking on the phone and skipping rocks?

Ames said...

and...my favorite picture is the sunset silhouetting your backside and the mountain. I really love the balance constructed by the lines and colors in this photo.
You at a standstill taking in the sunset is serene.

Prairie Rose said...

Wow! What an awesome view of scenery and wonderful commentary. One can just close their eyes and place yourself there. The cool breeze from the lake and the fresh air from the mountains....something missing in our everyday city life. Thanks dubbiker I enjoy your blog everytime I log on to it. It is interesting to read and see your challenges and triumphs. Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Aaron... I think these pics truly captured your good-natured, free spirit. The cool colors remind me of how pleasant it really is to stand next to such a breathtaking scene, endulge in the fresh air, and just enjoy life again. I know it's what you needed and I'm so happy that you got that time to do it (especially after so much hard work!!)
I can really tell you were in your element here by the size of that amazing grin on your face. I'm hoping you can return there next year with fond memories and more success like you did this year. You really made it a memorable trip- way to go!

Dubsoldier said...

yeah he's talking on the phone to me...I remember our conversation vividly...well not vividly, but partially.
I can hear those rocks skipping right now....

McLovin said...

You were telling me about the "friend" of yours that was supposed to attend the clinic but never showed. An extra body to add to the count would have been helpful!