Sunday, December 21, 2008

California Love...



As mentioned in the previous post, I was in California for work a few weeks ago conducting a Pieps Avalanche Beacon clinic in the Reno/Tahoe/Truckee areas of California and Nevada. The area was gorgeous and warm (before all the snow from the past week or so) and due to the lack of snow, we conducted the clinic in Kings Beach, Ca. on the South shore of Lake Tahoe. 

The clinic consisted of education and hands on practice/testing of the major popular avalanche beacons with local ski patrol, search and rescue, shop employees, and other winter professionals. We had 15 or so participants and did several other 'shop' clinics for employees who were unable to make the larger event in Kings Beach. The clinics all went well and overall it was a successful trip for the company; it was also some very appreciated change of scenery for me personally. 

The highlight of the trip was the beauty of Lake Tahoe. Our hotel was right on the beach and I was able to go running most of the nights I was there. The sunsets, the smell of the pine trees, the clean air, and change or scenery were all refreshing. I'd say it was the perfect blend of work and play! Have any of you had experiences when work was just as fun as play?

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I am glad you were able to see such a beautiful change of scenery and have FUN on the job at the same time - you deserved it.
My work is completely play to me. Well, it seems like it I guess. Numbers, Numbers, Numbers... and clothes! Couldn't get any better - I must say ... IT IS MY DREAM JOB and I couldn't ask for more. I am so blessed! As I know you are, you are crazy about the outdoors, so HOW PERFECT for right now, that is!
May the adventures continue!