Monday, June 30, 2008

Solitude Weekly Race Series...



The Full Throttle Midweek Mountain Bike series started Tuesday June 24th at Solitude Mountain Resort. It was the hardest race I've done this year. It was only around 8 or so miles but it was steep, muddy, and unfamiliar so it kicked my butt! I didn't hydrate enough, preride the course, or eat properly before the race so I cramped up early and didn't really recover the rest of the race. I should have known I was overdoing it when in the first short paved climb I was right on the race leaders wheel thinking "this race is easy, I'm so gonna place!" Yeah, I can only blame that on dehydration delirium! The course was muddy and had two or three large snow patches that we either had to run over or ride through...I ran over them. The best part of the race was passing a few of the guys on the downhill that had passed me on the first lap climb. My skills are improving in the downhill and my bike has a lot to do with that! The other best part of the race was the moose I saw just before the second lap downhill, it was a young bull and was happily grazing in a meadow near the summit. Hopefully I'll improve on it over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This race is so easy, I'm so gonna place..." I'm totally going to remember that every time I get tempted to sprint to overtake somebody on my 10k runs. You're awesome.

Natasha said...

You look really cute! :) Don't delete this comment. BTW... hahaha. LOML!