Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mid-Mountain Meditation...



Sometimes you just have to get out and ride. Leave work, life, and love's stresses behind as you pedal, push, and sweat your way up a really hard trail. The other night I needed one of these...so I packed up my bike and headed for Park City. It was around 95 degrees in the valley but in PC it was cool and calming in the 70's. I rode a combination of trails starting at Spiro, over to the Mid-Mountain and down to Park City Mountain Resort. I didn't invite any friends, didn't really see anyone on the trail, just threw a calming mix on my ipod shuffle and rode. As the miles and elevation went by...I felt my worries, stresses, frustrations, and confusion melt away as well. I felt more centered and at peace with the world, and I realized I was actually grinning! It was only an hour and a half ride but it did wonders for my soul...enjoy the ride.

No comments: