Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fu, By Popular Request...


I work at Liberty Mountain as the International, California, and Nevada sales rep. We are a ginormous outdoor distribution company with almost 20,000 backpacking, climbing, and other outdoor products all stored in our warehouse in Salt lake (we also have an East Coast facility in PA). We stock probably every outdoor store you've been to. 

Last month a customer calls up and wants to know the color of a particular rope. Now this is the most confusing rope company known to man, with 2-4 different colored thread patterns in every rope, and a different color depending on length, width, dry treatment, and so on. So I make a call to our warehouse manager, Danielle, and give her our 6 digit item number for two different rope types and ask her if she could check the colors. Her response is, "I could take the time to check them, but the first one is lavender and a dark navy blue and the second one is a teal with a dark reddish color." I called BS, thinking NO one could know that out of 20,000 products. She said "what do you want to bet?!" So I, thinking there is no way I could lose, say "I'll grow a nasty mustache if your right! If you're wrong,  you owe me a shake!" Well, she got the ropes and damn if she wasn't dead on, tints of blue and everything! What followed was the most agonizing ten days of my life! Anyone who is close to me knows that I HATE facial hair, it makes me feel greasy and gross; however, true to my word, I grew that Fu and grew it well! 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

aisy said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

don't bet that again.

Anonymous said...

I'll vote for you, Pedro.

Unknown said...

that is seriously hot... not many people can even grow it! glad it's not permanent though!

McLovin said...

I'm so glad it is temporary too!! Facial hair drives me nuts...actually, all hair (except my flowing mane) drives me nuts!!